Saturday, April 24, 2010

Yesterday I downloaded yahoo's version of IE 7?

now I can no longer open my word or excel files. Is this due to the IE upgrade? How do I go back to my old explorer and not lose my other programs?



Yesterday I downloaded yahoo's version of IE 7?





Here are the instructions. I hope that they work for you.



Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7



To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 and restore Internet Explorer 6 when using Windows XP or Windows Server 2003



1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.



2. Click Add or Remove Programs.



3. You might have to CHECK the box that says SHOW UPDATES



4. Scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 7, click it, and then click Change/Remove.



If you cannot find Internet Explorer 7 in Add or Remove Programs, click Start, click Run, type



%windir%\ ie7beta3\ spuninst\ spuninst.exe.



(I added spaces after the \ so it would show here)



and then press ENTER.



For more information, check this page at the Microsoft website. http://msdn.microsoft.com/ie/releasenote...



If you have further trouble, you might try the RESTORE thing in the System Tools folder and go back a few days before you made this terrible mistake.



Good luck



Yesterday I downloaded yahoo's version of IE 7?uninstall internet explorer internet explorer



hit on start / control panel/add remove ., at the top of the add /remove . tick the show updates on top



look for (ie7) hit on that then hit on remove . (ie7) will be uninstalled and (ie6) will come back
try a system restore
Another option is to do a system restore going back just before you upgraded to IE7. This method worked great for me as I found I had some trouble too. :)



System Restore takes you back to a time when your computer was working good.



Go To:



start



programs



accessories



systems tools



system restore



This process is completely restorable.



E
I don't think that internet explorer (IE7) have effected your word or excell. Its because of the other reason.
you should have installed it from ww.microsoft.com.



Anyway You have to uninstall IE 7 then download it from: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/ie6/...
I did the same thing, and immediately found that the browser would not connect to the Internet, while Netscape %26amp; Mozilla Firefox would. With 4-1/2 hours of non-stop telephone assistance from Microsoft, I tried to remove the 7.0 version of IE, and get the old version to work, to no avail. The next day, NOTHING would connect to the web, and I spent hours running virus and spy-ware scans, deleting un-used programs, etc--and still no luck. I contacted my internet service provider with this issue, and they could not help, but informed me that massive amounts of spam was originating from my I P address! Finally, in desperation, I un-installed my (Panda) virus protection program, ran Norton system scan to remove the still hidden pieces of IE 7.0, and then Norton Virus scan, and everything worked as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting