Saturday, April 24, 2010

When I send an email to an address with both peoples (ie, Joe & Mary), It adds an "amp;&quo

If I send an email with both first names, ie, Joe %26amp; Mary Jones, it comes up in the TO, or CC or BCC box as "Joe %26amp; Mary Jones" %26lt;jones@yahoo.com%26gt;. Why is their an (amp;) after the ampersand and before the 2nd first name?



(This just started a week or so ago after years of sending Yahoo emails and I never got the amp; before.



This does NOT occur if I insert a single name,ie "Joe Jones" %26lt;jjones@yahoo.com%26gt; in the fields.



It occcurs in the CC %26amp; BCC fields also if all both first names are in the email addresses but not one first name, then I have to back space and delete the amp: in each address of all recepients with both first names in them.



When I send an email to an address with both peoples (ie, Joe %26amp; Mary), It adds an "amp;" after the first name.windows xp professional





The "%26amp;" symbol is called an ampersand, and since it's not recognized as a regular character in a field where punctuation marks denote actions (like the semicolon meaning next address) it uses the abbreviation for the symbol. It's kind of like how you can't use certain puncuation in file names.



Hope this helps!



When I send an email to an address with both peoples (ie, Joe %26amp; Mary), It adds an "amp;" after the first name.windows xp home internet explorerThis is happening to me too and it drives me crazy, I can't send out an email to several addresses without the "amp" coming up in the midle of their name. I can't figure out how to stop it. Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
shared web hosting